After my last post concerning my deer leather project, I took the week off. I had the hide to the point I could store it by freezing, so that’s what I did. (And that’s why today is only “Day 5” of the project!)
The reason I took a break was because I found out I needed more chestnut extract in order to create the proper tanning solution for my hide. Today the extract I ordered came in the mail and I have restarted the process by thawing the hide and getting the tanning solution ready. By sundown I intend to have the hide in the tanning bath and be well on the way to having some bark tanned deer leather.
Leave a Reply