As 2009 now comes to a close, we witness the passing of what will be remembered as a tough year for lots of people. But even in a difficult economy, I’ve seen that people continue to buy whips; thus 2009 was a great year for my business. I had many wonderful customers who provided me with plenty of whip orders to fill even when the hours at my job were lacking. In this final post of the year, I would like to highlight some accomplishments and say thanks.
Here’s some highlights from 2009:
- Cowwhips.com got a long overdue makeover.
- Developed my own line of Australian stockwhips.
- Saw all-time record ordering volume in April and July.
- Redesigned the bellies and fall hitches on my bullwhips.
- Successfully entered the nylon Indiana Jones bullwhip market.
- Started this blog!
- Added new options for cow whip handles: Stratabond and exotic woods
- Affiliated with the Whip Basics Project: WBSR Whipmaking Team and DVD distribution.
- Began making deer leather and experimenting with leather work.
- Resurrected my line of wood handled bullwhips.
- Saw my son begin his journey as a whipmaker.
- Made lots of new friends!
As you can see, 2009 was a busy year. I’m looking forward to what 2010 has in store. I appreciate all the customers who helped make it possible. Thank you so much! You’re the best!
Happy New Year!